Turning the Tide: Financing our Future
Our upcoming digital event “Turning the Tide: Financing our future” taking place alongside the virtual World Bank Spring Meetings on Thursday, April 16 at 3:00 p.m. ET / 8-9:10 p.m. BST.
You may register here.
As part of their partnership with the CommonSensing consortium, Devex will host a digital event convening key stakeholders on the occasion of the World Bank Spring Meetings to draw attention to the need for more and better financing to support climate resilience in Small Island Developing States.
The event will last approximately 70 minutes and will focus on a panel on “Financing climate resilience in small island developing states” as well as a spotlight session on the CommonSensing project.
Event speakers will include:
- Mafalda Duarte, CEO, Climate Investment Funds, World Bank
- Dr. Jale Samuwai, Climate Finance Advisor for the Pacific, Oxfam
- Amal-Lee Amin, Climate Change Director, CDC Group
- Unnikrishnan Nair, Head of Climate Change, Commonwealth Secretariat
- Christophe Christiaen, Sustainable Finance Lead and Business Strategy Associate, Satellite Applications Catapult
- Deborah Charles, Managing Editor, Devex (event moderator)
We hope you can make this work with your schedule and join us in this conversation on climate funding and resilience building.